Welcome to the Star Island laundry! This summer your friendly Chamber crew will be working hard to keep you smelling fresh. Here are a few things that you need to know about the laundry.
- All clothes need to be labeled with your name! If your label is lost or not legible, it will be stored in the “No Name Closet” waiting for you to pick up.
- Bring laundry in small batches and often. We don’t have the cubby space to store lots of clean clothes.
- Underwear, bras (latched please), socks and other small items need to be washed in a mesh bag. Never more than ¼ full!
- If you would like to have large quantities of clothes washed at one time ask one of the supervisors for a linen bag. These clothes will be washed in one load, put back in the bag unfolded, and be place in the metal rack nest to the iron once they are clean.
- Only trained Chamber staff may use the washers and dryers.
- Island owned Pel towels are for your use. Personal clothes, towels, and linen MUST GO IN THE PERSONAL ITEMS BIN otherwise it will become Pel property by accident and you may not ever get it back.
- Items that require special care can be left with instructions in the “Special Instructions” bin.
- Island owned Pel Linen is for your bed only. Ask for drop cloths for other purposes (Halloween, Valentines Day, curtains, etc).